Saturday, September 30, 2006

Krazy Kelvin - Blogger Is Beta ???

Blogger-Beta

Someone asked why do I have so many blogs ? My stock answer to that is why not - I'm a writer ; a "krazy monkey"; I love blogs; I love sharing with friends - not in any particular order of course.

I have seen and you will too, if you watch the bottom left of your monitor, blogs with 100, 200 items or more items to download which to me is bloody stupid. I am a "busy monkey" !!! Even though the cafes where I go have broadband, I don't have time to sit around with my finger up my b...........banana, while I am waiting for all the items to download, just to have a look to see if it's a good blog or not. the people I feel sorry for are those that are still on dial-up. So, hint hint - watch the bottom left of your computer monitor for the "number of items". If it says 100 or more, you can easily bail out, by clicking the back button. Given time, I will create a separate list of blogs with 100 or more items and so if you have all the time in the world, you can sit there waiting for them to download, have a look at them and then let me know if you think they are worth 5 stars or no stars.

Well - Blogger-Beta. I don't think it has made me a better blog, yet !!! But given time, once I learn all the ins and outs and how to find my way around, who knows ? I'll change a few things around so you will start to see some improvements in the layouts, even a few colours, although there have been a couple of complaints from friends unable to read the "coloured posts". Just a suggestion, Granny Smith - it would help if you actually moved your glasses down from where they sit on the top of your head, so they sit on your nose, then you will be able to see out of them !!! (Hehe) You have to look after the older people, because given time they will be 6 feet under pushing up daisies and the old people now, will become the older people that need looking after.

I am currently working on another chapter to My Book !!! which will be about Blogger-Beta. If you have a Blogger-Beta blog, your thoughts & comments on what you think of blogger-beta would be appreciated. I will pick some of them and include them in the book, as well as a link to your blog.